Cart 0

Candle Care

It is essential to follow these tips to get the best performance from your Max & Jack products.
Remove lid and any/all packaging. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
Keep it away from children, pets, drafts and vibrations.
Do not burn on, or near anything that can catch fire. Make sure to burn the candle on a level, fire resistant surface.
We use natural soy wax in all of our candles. Soy wax requires a 'memory burn'. On the first burn, it is vital that you burn the candle for a minimum of 2-4 hours, or until the melt pool has reached the jars edge.
3-4 hours is the most you should burn the candle for. You will get a longer burn time this way. You will also prevent the wick from getting to long for the jar.
2-3 hours is the most you should burn our travel tins for. Being metal, the tins can warm up significantly, creating a large melt pool if burning for too long.
Allow the candle to cool and re set before relighting and trimming the wick. It is vital that the wick is trimmed (cut 1/4 inch or excess black part picked off) before each burn. The wick in each candle has been specifically picked for the jars measurements. By not trimming the wick, you are enabling the flame to get too large for the jar size. This can lead to blackening, and over heating/cracking of the glass.
Burning for longer periods of time can also result in some blackening of the jar. If this occurs, put out the candle and allow it to re set. Wipe away the black with a paper towel and ensure you trim the wick before the next burn.
Keep the candle free from foreign materials (matches, excess wick trimmings etc). 
Always leave 1-2cm's of wax in the bottom of your jar. Burning a near empty jar for too long will result in over heating the glass and can lead to breakage. If you would like to get the most out of your wax, you can scrape the remaining wax into an oil burner or melt warmer.
Soy melts are desgned to be used in the top part of an oil burner, or an electric melt warmer.
Simply break off one block and place in the burner. Never add water or oils to the melt.
To remove, simply wipe out with paper towel while slightly warm.
Reed Diffusers are fantastic for achieving a constant, background scent in your home or workplace.
To keep the scent fresh, be sure to turn the reeds every couple of weeks to prevent clogging.
Clean any spills immediately, as oils could cause surface damage. Ensure the bottle is kept stable, and out of reach of children and pets.
Do not directly inhale the product, and do not allow contact with skin or eyes.
If ingested, seek medical assistance immediately.